Glossybox Sweden February 2012

Hello, girls!

I was wondering for a very long time which topic to choose for my first article but then today I received my latest Glossybox and it seemed like a good idea to share the contents with all of you.

I have been subscribed for the Swedish Glossybox for almost an year now and I can say I was never truly disappointed with what was inside. Of course some months were a little bit better than the others but I believe it is a very normal thing with this kind of subcription services. I never really take it as a source of supplying myself with beauty products but more like an opportunity to make myself a little gift every month.
Another really important thing is the fact that prices in Sweden are outrageous and there is not that much you can buy with 139 kr - which is what Glossybox costs per month.


This month's box has a special design - black glossy colour with a pink flower printed on the top. It looks kind of fun especially since I am getting a little bit bored with their usual pale pink one. Probably most of you are aware that the actual box is very sturdy and is great for storage purposes. I am keeping jewelry and nail polishes in some of mine and if you are interested I can show you someday.





Except the products they included and GlossyMag plus a dicount code for a popular swedish online store. The magazine itself is actually very interesting and I enjoyed reading it even though I didn't really understand a whole lot. They had some fun articles regarding lips and lipstick application trends, a couple of interviews and recommendations for some fun spring products.


I am not sure if it is in worth it to be mentioned but the theme of this month's box is - The Black Box. A lot of times I don't really see anything in common between the contents and the chosen theme but decided to share anyway.

1. Maria Nila Stockholm Swedish Therapy Oil

Maria Nila Therapy Oil 10 ml. Full-size 50 ml/199kr

I have received a small sample 10 ml size of this Swedish oil with colour protecting benefits. I have never really heard of this brand but let's not forget I am new in this country and these specific brands are very new to me. 
The consistency seems to be runny and the smell is really pleasant and not overwhelming. My only experience with hair oil so far is with Moroccan Oil, this I guess will be something similar and I am definitely looking forward to try it. Supposedly it will help very damaged hair to get proper moisturization and prevent fading of the colour. 

2. Boots 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Lotion

Boots 7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Lotion 30 ml. Full-size 200 ml/119kr

My skin is a little bit weird and reacts bad to a lot of the skincare products which I try. I have a very bad experience with such cleansing lotions and prefer to avoid them at all cost. 
I have to say that I gave it away to my boyfriend's mother already but from what I saw it seemed thick and smelled nice. I am familiar with the brand and in the past I have used their eye makeup remover which I absolutely loved but it just didn't seem like a great idea to risk it with this one. 

3. ModelCo Lip Enhancer Illusion Lip Liner

ModelCo Lip Enhancer Illusion Lip Liner Full-Size 195kr


ModelCo seems to be included a lot in Glossybox recently (not only in Sweden) and I have already tried a couple of their products which weren't bad at all.
The newest addition to my small collection is this lip liner which is supposed to have the same colour as the lips and allows the user to seamlessly change their shape or size. 
Sadly I am really pale and this pencil is way too brown for my needs and is contrasting way too much with my skin tone which totally defeats the purpose behind it. And I have to be completely honest I really don't use such products so instead of keeping it to collect dust, decided to give it away to someone who can appreciate it much more. Besides that the pencil seemed to be nice, not too creamy, not too hard it was easy to control. A big plus was the sharpener integrated into the cap, if it actually works.

4. Redken Color Extend Radiant 10 Spray

Redken Color Extend Radiant 10 Spray 30ml. Full-size 170 ml/360kr

I am probably the last person on Earth who has never tried any of the Redken products and I got pretty excited to test this leave in spray. From what I can see on the packaging it is developed for colour treated hair and has a multi-benefit formula.
My hair for many years was blonde which definitely made it much weaker and damaged and even though I am a brunette now it isn't in perfect condition yet. Hopefully this product will help me with it and if I notice some significant difference I would love to buy it in full-size.

5. ModelCo Cheek + Lips Tint Rosy Red

ModelCo Cheek + Lip Tint Full-Size 10ml/155kr


The last and probably the most exciting product which I received is a lips and cheek stain again from ModelCo. The colour which I got is called Rosy Red and seems very sheer and natural looking. I did test it on my hand to check how the formula and staying power is and so far I can say I am impressed. It has lasted for several hours and didn't loose it's intensity even after several times of washing. What I can say so far is that the consistency is thin gel like and blends easy with the skin. I will definitely need more time to try it properly and decide if it is something I will be interested or not. I find stains not that easy to use and hopefully this product will not challenge me a lot.

As you saw the products I received are decent, the variety seems good as well and I cannot complain really. I must say there wasn't something that really excited me but in general I am satisfied. They usually include at least one item in full size which is an added bonus and in this box they included two which of course makes me happy. 

Would love to hear from you and your opinion about such subscription services. If you are interested in a review of any of those products just let me know!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment